Maybe becoming pregnant was not in your plans for right now…but you are, and it’s important you take care of yourself – for you and your baby.
Here are a few things you can do:
- Start prenatal care early. At first signs of pregnancy, you can begin an over-the-counter prenatal vitamin…the gummies are easy to take! This will ensure you and baby are getting the vitamins needed for healthy growth. (Have you ever seen pregnancy week by week- how much your baby is growing?) Find a doctor who can see you for the length of your pregnancy and birth of your baby.
- Avoid smoking, alcohol, and explicit drug use. This includes second-hand smoke from both tobacco and marijuana use as well. You are protecting yourself and your developing baby. Even being around smoke can affect your health and your baby’s as well.
- Make healthy food choices. This will provide your growing baby with nutrients needed for strong development and will help you gain a safe amount of weight while pregnant. Drink lots of water and eat your fruits and vegetables!
- Exercise and take care of your body! A daily walk outside can be a great way to stay healthy during pregnancy.
- Rest & reduce stress. We can’t reduce all stress in our lives, but chances are if there is an unhealthy stressor in your life, whether a relationship or activity causing you harm – having a baby is a good motivator for cutting it out of your life.
If you need help with any of these listed above – finding a doctor or resources – Gateway Women’s Care can help! We can help you confirm pregnancy and get you started with prenatal vitamins. We have advocates and medical professionals available to walk you through any questions you may have concerning pregnancy information. Reach out today!
Call Raleigh 919.833.0096, Durham 919.251.9444 and Chapel Hill 919.537.8220 to schedule a free, confidential appointment today.