With the recent SCOTUS ruling overturning Roe v. Wade in the United States, many people in states where abortion is still legal may be coming to North Carolina for abortion services,. North Carolina law requires that a woman receive certain abortion information at least 72 hours prior to an abortion (effective 10/1/2015). This information is part of the N.C. Woman’s Right to Know Act of 2011 that mandates the giving of informed consent prior to an abortion.
You have the option to choose an abortion, and you also have the right to be informed of all the facts about your pregnancy and abortion choices. If you are planning an abortion, before you decide on an abortion clinic, come to Gateway Women’s Care for pre-abortion services and receive all this information free of charge.
The Woman’s Right to Know Act requires that women seeking an abortion be fully informed about relevant issues such as:
- Abortion methods and associated medical risks
- Probable gestational age of the fetus at the time the abortion is to be performed
- Possible adverse psychological effects of abortion
- Medical risks of carrying a pregnancy to term
- Public and private agencies and services available to assist a woman through pregnancy, at childbirth, and when the child is dependent
- Alternative options to abortion
- Information on free ultrasounds
- Name of the abortion provider and if he/she is licensed and has liability insurance
- Location of the hospital where the abortion provider has clinical privileges in the case of an emergency
If you are planning to get an abortion, come in to one of our centers today or call to make an appointment and get the answers and info you need.
Call today – our Raleigh office at 919-833-0096 or Durham office at 919-251-9444 or Chapel Hill Office at 919-537-8220
Contact Gateway Women’s Care to schedule before you visit the abortion office.