If you are worried you might be pregnant, it can feel very confusing when menstruation (period) signs and early pregnancy signs may be similar. You may be thinking, “Am I extra tired because I’m pregnant or because my period is coming? And my chest is tender? And these hormones?”
You can find some relief to your thoughts with a home pregnancy test, and at Gateway Women’s Care we can offer you a lab-quality test and a nurse to talk to and ask any questions you might have. Once you have a positive pregnancy test, we can calculate the baby due date based on your last period. If your pregnancy isn’t planned, we understand these things can feel overwhelming.
Call today to make an appointment or speak to our nurse directly 919.833.0096
We are here to provide support for you.
Gateway Women’s Care can help you learn more about your pregnancy options and support you as you decide what is best for you. If you are certain parenting is for you, we offer various resources to aid you in this process:
- Childbirth/Breastfeeding/Newborn Care Education: Video classes (6-9 sessions each) available at your convenience. Choose your own schedule.
- Infant Care Classes: 3-hour, in-person instruction with an RN. Topics include soothing, swaddling, bathing & more. Call for class schedule.
- Fatherhood Education/Support: One-on-one mentoring for fathers and fathers-to-be.
- Medicaid: Instructions and assistance on filing for Medicaid. Pregnancy Medicaid covers the medical cost of prenatal care for the mother, labor & delivery, postpartum checkup, and the baby’s first year of medical care.
- OB/GYN: Find a doctor that provides the care you need and accepts Medicaid insurance, or get a referral to Wake Med High-Risk Clinic or NeighborHealth Center, a low-cost medical clinic.
- Housing Options: Get referrals for emergency housing, maternity housing, and mother/baby housing.
Remember, You are strong! No obstacle is too big for you to overcome. We have referrals available in the following areas to help you overcome common challenges with a new pregnancy:
- Educational Scholarships
- Single Parent support
- Teen Mom support
- Baby Supplies
- Crisis Management
- Food Assistance
- Clothing Assistance
- Counseling/Support Services
- Legal Services
- Child Support
- DNA Testing
- Support groups – baby showers
Call Gateway Women’s Care today for a free pregnancy test and meet with one of our trained advocates to discuss any of the above resources.
We are here for you. 919.833.0096