Can I get an abortion today?
There are some hard facts surrounding getting an abortion that are helpful to know if you’re considering abortion or planning an abortion.
In the state of North Carolina there is no such thing as a “same day” abortion, where you can get an abortion today. The State law (Woman’s Right to Know) requires a 72 hour wait from the time you receive abortion education to when the abortion clinic is legally permitted to schedule you for the abortion procedure.
This wait period is based on the concept of giving you time to gather information on planning an abortion and understanding what’s involved with an abortion procedure so that you’re fully informed and can make the very best decision for yourself.
Things you make want to consider before your abortion
As with any medical procedure you might have, it’s in your best interest to know all the facts when planning an abortion. Your reproductive health care matters!
Learn about the abortion clinic and your rights as an abortion patient:
- What are the client reviews of this clinic? Does this clinic have a good reputation?
- Will I be allowed to view the ultrasound if I choose to do so?
- What type of sedation will the clinic administer during my procedure?
- If I change my mind, what fees am I required to pay for consultations/labs/ultrasound?
- If my pregnancy turns out to be ectopic or non-viable, will I be informed? Will I be charged for abortion services or have other fees?
Learn about the abortion provider who will perform your abortion procedure:
- What is my doctor’s name?
- Is my doctor a certified OB/GYN?
- Does my doctor have any malpractice or disciplinary actions against him/her? (Health Grades is a useful site to research a physician’s background.)
- Does my doctor have liability insurance in case of any errors in my care so that I don’t have to worry about medical bills resulting from their mistakes?
- Does my doctor have admitting privileges at a nearby hospital in case of an emergency with my procedure?
Gateway offers free and confidential “same day” pre-abortion services if you are wanting to get an abortion.
Call Gateway today at 919.833.0096. Meet with one of our nurses, talk over any concerns you may have. Get the answers you need if you’re planning to get an abortion today.
For more information on things to consider when planning an abortion go to http://gatewaycampus.org/pre-abortion/