It’s North Carolina Law.
North Carolina law requires that a woman receive certain abortion information at least 72 hours prior to an abortion (effective 10/1/2015). This information is part of the N.C. Woman’s Right to Know Act of 2011 that mandates the giving of informed consent prior to an abortion.
You have the right to choose an abortion, andwith that, you also have the right to be informed of all the facts about your pregnancy, and abortion procedures and risks. Before you decide on an abortion clinic, Gateway Women’s Care can provide pre-abortion services and get you all this required information free of charge. If you are planning an abortion, come in today or call to make an appointment and get the help and support you need.
The Woman’s Right to Know Act requires that women seeking an abortion be fully informed about relevant issues prior to their abortion such as:
- Abortion methods and associated medical risks
- Probable gestational age of the fetus at the time the abortion is to be performed
- Possible adverse psychological effects of abortion
- Medical risks of carrying a pregnancy to term
- Public and private agencies and services available to assist the woman through pregnancy, at childbirth, and when the child is dependent
- Alternative options to abortion
- Information on free ultrasounds
- Name of the abortion provider and if he/she is licensed and has liability insurance
- Location of the hospital where the abortion provider has clinical privileges in the case of an emergency
Gateway Women’s Care is happy to serve you in Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill. Call today for an appointment.