As this school year has come to a close, maybe you find yourself wrapping up the semester with one thing you weren’t planning for: early pregnancy signs and a positive pregnancy test.
You are NOT alone.
We understand and care about the unique challenges for students faced with an unplanned pregnancy and we are here to support you. Many students have been where you are right now and have found positive solutions at Gateway Women’s Care. Helping you as a student with your unplanned pregnancy is our specialty.
You may be feeling…
Many students have expressed a variety of feelings when they’ve first found out they are unexpectedly pregnant. It might help you to know that others have shared the same feelings.
- In a haze
- Frozen and don’t know what to do
- Feelings of fear and shame
- Frightened to tell parents and what they’ll think
- Do I have to drop out of school
- This is not what I planned for my life
- Will I lose my scholarship
- I cannot see my way forward
- I’m on an athletic scholarship
- I’ve screwed up
Did you know…?
- Pregnant or parenting students are protected by law from discrimination -both students and student athletes.
- Grants are available for parenting students
- Financial aid awards are protected for pregnant students.
- Athletic awards may be protected for pregnant students.
- You cannot be kicked out of school for becoming pregnant.
- Students cannot be kicked out of campus housing for becoming pregnant.
- You are allowed medically necessary absences from the classroom.
Gateway Women’s Care is here for you. Meet with a client advocate to discuss your pregnancy, relationships, pregnancy options, and more. We are here to support you as you process everything you are going through, in a safe environment and with someone who cares about you and understands without judgment. This will allow you to make the best decision for yourself and your pregnancy as a college student.