Discovering you’re pregnant as a teenager can be a scary time indeed.
You’re horrified that this has happened to you. All of the unknowns come rushing at you causing pain and emotional turmoil. How do I tell my parents? What about school? Why am I so sick? What will my boyfriend say? What will my friends say? WHAT AM I GOING TO DO? If you are a teenager and you’re pregnant, you are in a crisis. Whether the pregnancy is intentional or not, the stress of the situation still exists.
You have options, but you need to know the facts. Gateway is here to educate And support you.
- Carry to term and Parent – We have many resources available for you.
- Carry to term and Make an Adoption Plan – You can still be involved in your baby’s life.
- Abortion – Understand the risks, consequences, and procedures
You’re confused and just don’t know what you should do.
- Gateway has trained client advocates available to listen to you, educate you, and support you.
- We will provide you with free prenatal vitamins while you’re deciding what to do.
- You may qualify for a free ultrasound to see if the pregnancy is viable.
- Come view videos on all of your options to help make an informed decision.
Take a moment and pause. Come see us at Gateway. We’re here to serve you.
- 82 percent feel that teens should not be sexually active.
- 72 percent agreed that teens that are sexually active should have access to birth control.
- 73 percent feel that being a virgin should not be embarrassing
- 58 percent feel that high-school age teens should not be sexually active
- Fewer than one half of teens in high school have had sex
- 67 percent of teens who have had sex wish that they had waited (60 percent of boys and 77 percent of girls).